Friday, August 7, 2009

My New Toy!!

Thursday 6 August 2009

Had been wanting to get a netbook for ages but Asus told me to wait a while as they said they could get me a media disc of 30 – 40% for their latest products after they launched it so wait I did, since I wasn’t in a hurry.

And waited and waited and waited. What is it, 3 months??!! Everytime I asked, they said hold on, busy, this, that, etc – whatever excuse you can come up with la – not to say I was bugging them like majorly anyways. This is what they call media relations – giving empty promises & brushing people off. Hey, if you don’t want to give the freaking disc, just say so la! I’m not THAT haddup for your bloody 30% disc.

Today I decided fuck it. I’m going to get myself a new toy WITHOUT them. Asked around and was suggested to go for Lenovo, HP & Acer. Managed to persuade tech expert Glenn to follow me to Digital Mall during lunch as I’m totally hopeless when it comes to gadgets & IT.

Walked around and checked out the goodies available. Was attracted to Fujitsu’s fiery red baby but it was a bit ex. Lenovo had colours but I didn’t like the circles on the cover. Saw the Asus EeePc Seashell and liked it the best. Too bad they had the nicest design and affordable too – RM1500 – else I would NEVER have bought Asus with THAT kind of customer service.

Here’s my new toy! Isn’t she just sleek & adorably cute? Super light too - 1kg only.


Went for some culture at KLPAC later that night for Short + Sweet, 10 mini plays written and directed by Malaysia’s upcoming promising talents lasting roughly 10 minutes each. It was some sort of competition where the audience had to vote for their favourite play.

Not that I don’t support our home-grown talent but I went to a few local shows at KLPAC and just didn’t seem to have an incline towards it. I thought they were quite lame. I was quite sceptical about this but Farsha made me go so ok la.. pergi juga.

The show was surprisingly quite good! There were only 2 out of the 10 plays that were sucky. The rest were actually enjoyable with good, solid scripts and interesting issues. Do go support them. You’ll be pleasantly surprised.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What say you...