Friday, August 14, 2009

Of Bentleys, Jaguars & Bubblies

Wednesday 12 August 2009

Oh the life of luxuries... Unfortunately, I don't live the life but I do get to sample that world once in a while.. It was the launch of Jaguar's supercharged 510bhp XFR & XKR. I wasn't invited but Chris kindly extended the invitation so pergi je la.. still Media ma...

I found out Adian was going as well so it was only logical to tumpang him. He's just next door after all.. It rained heavily in the evening so we decided to leave much earlier. Launch was at 7pm. Lynn, Adian's TV co-host, picked us up from office. Surprisingly, it wasn't as jam as we thought and we arrived at Pavillion KL about 6pm.

Lepak at La Bodega first then Chris ajak us to Bentley's showroom to check out the cars. Told the GM that I couldn't even afford the car if he gave me 70% disc and def can't afford the maintenance. He cheekily said that since the maintenance is an issue, all I have to do is pay cash for the RM1.7 mil car and he'll throw in the service for free - :P


Bentley's RM1.7 million Continental GT

It was time for Jaguar's launch so we headed there to check out the rides. Hannah Low & Deborah Henry were the emcees. Cars wre nice but I'm not that of a Jaguar fan. Although their designs are getting sexier, I think it still appeals to the much older crowd. It's a "I'm already there" kind of vibe.


Jaguar XKR Coupe at RM1,088,888


Jaguar XFR at RM888,888

Waited for Adian & Lynn to finish their hosting then decided to move on to August Magazine's 1st anniversary party cause Jag served only dry red wine. Deep said there was 200 sponsored bottles of GH Mumm. Bubbly.. here we come!


The crew at August 1st Anniversary Party


Got quite drunk on the bubblies and when that supply finished, we started whacking the door gifts of miniature Jacob's Creek sparkling reds instead. It's a wonder how everyone got back.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What say you...