Monday, June 22, 2009

Riding 101

Sunday 21 June 2009

Can you believe I forgot to take my DSLR? I brought its charger but NOT the cam. It's sitting on my beanbag at home. And my compact cam ran out of battery. Luckily Ivan's new Samsung is able to take pics.

Had breakfast and was hoping to have a riding lesson in the morn so can make it back for Father's Day dinner. Daddy was at the golf course when I called. The schedule was fully booked and the earliest was at 3pm. Should I wait? Yes, I really wanted to improve on my trot so what the heck. Watched a bit of CSI and had lunch.


Meet Jazz Malone, the famous champion ex-racehorse

3pm came and I was all ready at the stables. Lara, a student from UK, was my instructor. She thought me the basics first in the dressage paddock where I had to guide Jazz Malone (he's a champion thoroughbred race horse by the way - won the first race in Singapore and there's even a cup named after him) from one specific point to another. I learnt about changing the reins.

Lara thought me bout changing the reins

Did some trotting in a circle on a lunge. Was quite difficult to balance and rise with Jazz' rhythm but I managed it! Lara said I did amazingly well for a beginner (double beam!!) as most won't be able to trot on their own during the first lesson. Had to learn to control from trot to walk to trot to walk. I'm definitely taking lessons after this. Worked up such a sweat. My thighs and ass will be so sore the next day.





Had tea & scones in the evening before we pushed off for home. Adopted a beanie baby which I naturally named Jazz Malone. Farewell Riders Lodge. It was an absolute pleasure. Reached DP at 11pm.


Beanie baby Jazz Malone :)

2 comments:

  1. next time u go riding.. please bring me along too... always wanted to try.. never get a chance....

    ReplyDelete

What say you...