Sunday, August 22, 2010

Day my condo flooded

Sunday 15 August 2010

The unit downstairs have been complaining bout my leaking pipes for sometime now and after many checks, I finally told the mgt that they could fix the leaking thing although I'm still sore about why I have to pay for it since it's the developer's fault for fixing shody pipes in the first place.

They quoted me RM1K for the job and started a whole day's work on Saturday. He said I could only turn on my main the next morning so I did just that and went for dim sum lunch w Su & Edmund. I came back to this :


My kitchen

Can't really capture the damage as the water does not appear well in the photos. But basically, they did a shitty job which clogged up my drains and the main was gushing out, filling my outside balcony to ankle deep in water! The water overflowed to my kitchen, then my living room which soaked my carpets and drowned my TV switches, then flowed to my computer room which also flooded my plugs (thank god comp is alright) and lastly the water flowed into my master bedroom. That's shit loads of wasted water. And I have to bloody pay for it.


My soaking wet carpets

Living room


Wet carpets & rugs took 4 days to dry

Wet plugs in the computer room

Took my entire Sunday to clean up the mess. The cheek of him he wanted me to pay RM1500 coz he said he did more extensive work to fix it! Refused to pay full price & settled with RM700.

6 comments:

  1. omg, that is nasty.

    how cud he make u pay more for it. he should be happy u didn't slap him with cleaning and damage bills. it'll give u a good excuse to get professional cleaners in and get upholstery cleaning tat usually cost so much.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you should have lodged a police report and gotten the guy to pay for the utter crap job he did, Joleen. He should have paid for the cleaning and damage bills. Will teach him to not to crap work anymore because he will end up paying for it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ouchie ouch! They should really do their job well, so that this kind of thing doesn't happen again. How's the whole thing going now? Yup, it's hard to dry the carpets, especially when they're too wet. And wet plugs can be very dangerous. =|

    ReplyDelete
  4. All good all good. Never again! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh no! They must have done something wrong in your pipes that resulted in the flood in your condo. Three years have passed already and I hope there are no more leaking pipes that can flood your place. Your interior design and furnishings will be ruined if the leaks continue. :)

    JoanneDavidow.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hassle! All those wet rugs that took days to be dry will give me a hard time. Well, it's good to know that the flood never happened again. Are you still staying here, Jojo? You have a pretty condo. You just have to make sure that the plumbing is intact to help prevent another flood. Or, you know, you can always sell this unit and get another condo. :)

    CityBlockTeam.com

    ReplyDelete

What say you...