Wednesday, December 21, 2016

My Ashtanga Journey - Week 4 (Final Week)

12 - 18 Dec 2016

My last week in Canggu. Where has the month gone? The days have been moving too fast.

The early part of the week wasn't the best for me. Energy was low, body was sore, back was feeling funny and I'm mentally exhausted from all the learning we've been doing for the past 3 weeks. It's finally catching up on me. I couldn't go down into kapotasana or any drop backs for a few days.

Never have I been so glad to take an off day on the Full Moon day (Wed 14 Dec). Used that day to do some yin and sleep. Don't usually sleep during the day but that day was an exception. It was a much needed one. That evening only 6 regulars turned up so Fernando decided to do Mysore style instead of led. Truly enjoyed that session as I got to assist Bart, Naomi, Matan, Gynia and Stephan (new guy) at different times in different poses. Class ended later than usual but it was worth it. Very nice class indeed.

So glad for the full moon

Things improved in the later part of the week. The moon day helped immensely and I'm starting to feel stronger again. Friday was led so it wasn't that strenuous and Saturday was another off day. Slept in till 10.30am on Sat! Too much yoga can be bad for you ;)

Sunday practice at Seminyak was my best ever. Flow was good, I was feeling strong and open. I was in good form. Flowed next to a Japanese girl who had a similar practice as mine so the exchange of energy was great. Grazed my heels again in backbends. Sara gave me a new pose (super grateful - tq!) - Bakasana A & B. It's very difficult to jump into Bakasana B. Something to work on.

I'm going to jump into Bakasana B as smooth as Kino one day xx

Last practice in Bali on Monday was good as well. Lala helped me with drop backs (straight legs this time) and managed to walk quite close to my heels. A little sad to say goodbye to my fellow ashtangis but I know I'll be back soon so it's not really a good bye. Till next year then Canggu x.




No comments:

Post a Comment

What say you...