Monday, September 7, 2009

Getting 'Cultured' at the Museum

Sunday 6 Sept 2009

Dan woke up early at 5am today for work so I kinda got up myself but went back to bed again. Was woken up by Big Ben bonging away and I thought it was noon coz there were so many dongs. Panicked awhile but found out it was only 9am.

Couldn’t connect to the wi-fi at Dan’s place but luckily his housie’s laptop was around so I used hers instead. Had some cornflakes for breakfast. Dan came back early so we went to find my hotel, the Royal National Hotel, within the Camden district, which was bout 15 mins walk from Dan’s place. Dan pulled my bag all the way, all 18kg of it. Such a sweetie.

It was too early to check in so we decided to chill at the Russell’s Square Park for some afternoon tea. Nice to see dogs running around freely there. If only we could have it like that in Malaysia.

Having tea with Dan at the Park

Hotel’s pretty alright. Small but ok. Had to share it with another girl though. Oooh the Hotel had a pink limo outside! Was for rent at 20P per pax for an hour. Chauffeur will take you around London’s sights. Comes with 2 bottles of champagne.

My tiny hotel room & my ride haha

Since Dan went back to sleep, I had the day to myself. Walked to the British Museum for some culture and damn was it huge! They have pretty good stuff on display too like mummies, Egyptian stuff, Greek and Roman mythology & statues and medieval Europe. Those were the good ones. Spent a good 2 hours there and that was rushing through the displays. The museum was THAT huge.


The British Museum


Had a Contiki briefing at 7pm and made some new friends who asked me out for dinner & drinks. Thought it was a good way to start the trip so I said yes. Theresa & Rob from Australia & Campbell from New Zealand. Ended up walking quite a distance to find a decent bar that was serving food. Settled at Box cause we didn’t want to walk so far already.

Gonna have an early night tonight. Waking up at 5am. Tired dy.

1 comment:

What say you...