Friday, April 29, 2011

My new baby Puku

Tuesday 26 April 2011

Today we are delighted to welcome a new addition to the family, a little black kitten whom we adopted from the SPCA. I actually wanted a puppy but Jerry said a dog's meant to work on a farm. hmmph! But he's being practical. It will be hard for someone to take care of him when we go on long holidays. Cats are much more independant and easier.

Poku was abandoned at Taupo SPCA with her mum and brother. She's all black with a cute adorable patch under her chin and is about 4 months old. Quite pricey to adopt here NZ$65 (RM156). Puku means tummy in Maori and we thought the name sounded cute. At least I didn't go Pookie.. No, she doesn't have a fat tummy or anything like that. Here she is.

Princess Puku

Was not really much of a cat person but I'm liking her. She's very sweet a bit like a dog. Curls up under my comfortable and sleeps on the couch with me. Loves being cuddled and stroked. And follows me around the house too. I feel needed and loved hahha.

House training her now. Have to keep her indoors for at least 2 weeks before I let her venture out.

Grow up nicely my lovely.

Sleeping on the couch

3 comments:

  1. Awww.. yeah I was surprised u didn't get a dog instead! Have fun with puku, sounds like a Japanese name. Haha.. We used to call a friend of ours Pookie, btw..

    ReplyDelete
  2. tq darling! hope all's good with ya :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Puku looks like she's posing...the 1st photo

    ReplyDelete

What say you...